Collateral damage from COVID has had a devastating impact on bar sales. While operators responded quickly to the pandemic with curbside and delivery options for food, bar sales suffered in the beginning. Then, with state and local legislation, to-go cocktails emerged a shining star of potential restaurant revenue.
67% of consumers prefer to order alcohol with their food orders*.
Cravable signature drinks have always been a cornerstone to restaurant profitability. Operators are bouncing back with some creative ways to bring their bar business back. Offered for one or more in reusable branded bottles or growlers, consumers have responded favorably to cocktails with their delivery or take-out orders.
From signature margaritas to Bloody Mary’s, Bloody Marias and Micheladas, bottles or growlers branded with an operator’s logo and a QR code directing customers to the restaurant’s order app puts cravability and their next work in quick access. Unlike delivery bags that are frequently thrown away, reusable bottles offer a restaurant’s brand a chance to linger in a home. After initially enjoying your delicious cocktail, the customer can then reuse your branded container at home for water or when making tea and lemonade.
A survey of consumers by Technomic found that 67% prefer to order alcohol with their food orders. Among those 21–34, that number is 72%. Thus, the demand is there and it’s YOUR opportunity to keep them coming back for more.
Here are some other quick tips from Sacramento® Premium Tomato Juices & Mixes for bringing your bar business back:
- Go big time with your Bloody Mary skewers. Delicious skewers loaded with everything from bacon strips to shrimp, adds to cravability and drink profit margins
- Offer preferred brands of vodka in the description of your signature beverage on your order app and menu.
- Make sure the container is large enough to upgrade for multiple servings and increase your average ticket ring. If there is any leftover the container can be easy stored in their refrigerator.
- A one-color screen print on your bottles with your logo and a QR code will last much longer than an adhesive label and will withstand a dishwasher in the customer’s home. Remember, you want them to use the bottle after it’s empty. You can leverage the investment across your entire drink menu, not just Bloody Mary’s.
- Bloody Mary’s in a bottle for delivery or take-out is a no-brainer for promoting weekend brunch business that has suffered during COVID. If your eat-in traffic is down, why not take your “brunch” on the road? Remember, that 21–34-year-old customers love a late brunch or breakfast. It is delivery’s heaviest users.
- Offer a “build your own” kit. Sacramento tomato juice is available in 5.5 oz cans. Use it and other secret ingredients, skewers you used at the bar and airline bottles of alcohol as part of your “kit” that enables the customer to build their own “bloody”.
- Don’t miss out on fall tailgating. With many stadiums under limited capacity, many consumers are going to crave your culinary expertise when preparing their COVID safe tailgates at home. A Bloody Mary Tailgate To-Go would be a great fall feature!
Bringing your bar business back to pre-COVID is everyone’s priority. Leverage these tips and start doing it today. Sacramento® is here to help. Order your free sample today at RedGoldFoodservice.com and start using your imagination.